To become “a world class water and sewerage services provider.”
“To provide quality water, sewerage and allied services at commercially and environmentally sustainable levels through application of outstanding processes and technology to the delight of our customers and other stakeholders”
The main thrust in 2016 – 2021 Strategic Plan will be in the realization of the following strategic objectives:
- Ensure the company is driven by the principles & practices of good governance that can withstand the test of time.
- Ensure that the company is financially viable.
- Advance and automate operations and services for enhancement of service delivery.
- Provide water and sanitation services in an efficient, effective, affordable and sustainable manner
- Attract, develop and maintain adequate, qualified and competent staff
- Customer Service – Customer delight remains NYEWASCO’s priority. NYEWASCO strives to keep their customers happy and wanting to come back. NYEWASCO’s culture of speed of service, ready to listen to customer feedback and complains, its professionalism,and desire to continuously improve has made the company a leader in water and sewerage services provision.
- Ownership – Every NYEWASCO’s stakeholder owns a piece of the company. Each of us shall therefore act like an owner, take initiative, be self-driven and do what we do well to ensure the interests of the company are safeguarded.
- Environmental Consciousness – NYEWASCO is cognizant of the importance of the environmental conservation and protection. The company undertakes all activities conscious of the impact on the environment. The organization shall therefore continuously commit resources to sensitize stakeholders on the ecological issues as well as conserve the environment. The organization shall also endeavor to transact with suppliers that deliberately conserve the environment.
- Continual Improvement – NYEWASCO applies different successful management and leadership styles that ensure we are better than we were yesterday, without stopping. This is a mixture of both deliberate training programs informed by training needs assessment as well as supervisors and managers finding on-the job teaching time as part of the business routine.
- Team Work and Efficiency – At NYEWASCO we believe that together everyone achieves more. We value each and every one inside and outside the organization. Everyone to us matters. The cliché ‘a chain is a strong as its weakest link’ defines out team spirit we shall therefore drive our business by ensuring everyone is on Board. While doing this the company, through use of cutting edge technology and conscious approach will transact at the lowest unit cost possible without compromising on quality.
- Corporate Social Responsiveness – NYEWASCO is a responsible corporate citizen. We treasure the society in which we operate. As such the company shall deliberately engage, contribute or participate in all relevant events within our immediate environment. Further, the organization shall continue to comply with all the statutory and regulatory requirements such as taxation and reporting. We shall therefore dovetail our core business and mandate with continuous community participation and engagement programs.
- Research and Innovation – To ensure we deliver on our mandate, the company values new ways of doing things. Change remains alive to us as an organization because we expect better and different results all the time. To this end, the company shall commit a percentage of its resources to research and innovation in the core areas of operations, processes as well as services delivery.