Our customer policy aims at discouraging the disconnection of our services, but rather using all available means that give the customer the opportunity to pay.These include sending reminders through:
- Electronic and print media campaigns encouraging prompt payment of bills
- Bills posted to be accompanied by a caution to pay
- 14 clear days is given to the customer within which he/she should have paid the bill.
- Once in a while carry out physical visits to encourage customers to pay
- Confirm that the customers have not paid before issuing the disconnection orders.
- Effect disconnection as the very last resort
- During disconnection if a customer produces proof of payment such as receipts, effect the re-connection of service.
- First disconnection to be effected through a rubber seal.
- Failure to pay within one month, a disconnection from the main to be effected.
Reconnection will be carried out after:
- Full payment of the amount due
- Part payment and, signing of agreement/promissory note to pay the balance by installment.
- Payment of reconnection fee as per our tariffs
- All paid up customers will be reconnected within 24 hours.