TECHNICIAN IN-CHARGE- ELECTRO-MECHANICAL
Reports to : Chief Water & Sanitation Engineer
Supervises / Oversees : Electro / Mechanical Technicians
To co-ordinate electro mechanical works/activities to ensure all company installations and equipment are operating optimally.
1. CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the Electro Mechanical Operations including diagnosis of faults, repairs and maintenance of Pumps, Plant, Equipment and tools.
- Preparation and implementation of the section work plans
- Develop and implement the section objectives
- Develop and implement maintenance schedules for Plant and Machinery.
- Ensure proper coordination with contracted service providers for timely services.
- Under the guidance of the Chief Water & Sanitation Engineer, determine specifications for machines, tools and equipment for use in the section
- Liaise with machine suppliers to ensure training of technicians on machine operation repairs and maintenance
- Supervise the proper installation of new or repaired pumps, machines and equipment
- Maintain records for all the operations and prepare the necessary reports
- Monitor energy consumption to ensure efficiency and recommend power saving opportunities.
- Proactive individual with a risk based approach to operations and mentainance
- Motivate the section team of staff
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Academic Diploma in Electrical-Mechanical, Mechanical or electrical Engineering
Professional: Registrable or registered by the relevant Professional Body
Other: Considerable proficiency in job know how
Experience : 3 years in Electro/Mechanical field
Experience in managing a team effectively
Year 2019 Certificate of good conduct
1.ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills
- Good ICT skills
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, testimonials and names of three referees, daytime telephone contact and e-mail address to the following address by Thursday 2nd January 2020 by 5.00 pm.
Nyeri Water and Sanitation Co. Ltd
P.O Box 1520 -10100
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and invited for an interview.