JOB VACANCY – MASON ON SHORT TERM ENGAGEMENT (6 MONTHS)
Reporting to the Water Technician, the mason will be responsible for carrying out constructions, installations, maintenance, and servicing of masonry works in a timely and economic manner
- Construct anchor blocks, intake works, valve chambers, man hole covers and break pressure tanks as needed and to the required standards, to avoid breakdowns and disruptions in water distribution.
- Develop schedules for carrying out preventive maintenance on the valve chambers and masonry tanks and other works at the treatment plant and distribution network, on a regular basis to avoid unnecessary breakdowns.
- Carry out any repairs needed on the valve chambers and tanks expeditiously to avoid disruptions in water distribution.
- Carry out necessary repairs within the company offices, houses and other facilities.
- Prepare cost estimates for new and repair works.
- Advise Water Technicians on most effective and efficient masonry practices.
- Train and supervise the water attendants and general labourers on the job.
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Academic Government Trade Test I (Masonry) OR
Craft Certificate (Masonry)
Experience : 3 years’ experience in a similar job
- ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills
- Good listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, testimonials and names of three referees, daytime telephone contact and e-mail address to the following address by Tuesday 7th April 2020 at 4. 00 p.m.
Nyeri Water and Sanitation Co. Ltd
P.O Box 1520 -10100
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and invited for interview.