JOB REFERENCE: NYEWASCO/BOD/001/2021
Nyeri Water and Sanitation Company LTD, a public water utility company fully owned by the County Government of Nyeri and with a mandate to provide water and sanitation services in Nyeri Town Sub County and its environs, is seeking to recruit a self-driven individual for the position of Managing Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the water utility positioning it for rapid growth and leading cultural transformation. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the incumbent will establish long-term goals, strategies, plans and policies that are aimed at improving performance, service delivery, attaining growth and improving operational efficiency.
|Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks|
|I. Managerial Responsibilities|
|i. Oversees formulation, review and implementation of the Company’s plans and strategies to maintain a profitable operation
ii. Leading in resource mobilization and utilization.
iii. To promote and enhance mentorship and coaching strategies with a view to be consistent with the commercial principles and practices of operating a business
iv. Oversees the development, monitoring, implementation and review of the Performance Management Systems
v. Monitors achievements of revenue targets
vi. Oversees effective Human Resource Management, Organizational Development and Capacity Building
vii. Spearheads corroborations and partnerships with stakeholders to advance company’s core mandate.
viii. Provides leadership in enhancing the company’s public visibility and image.
ix. Oversees the formulation and implementation of the budget
|II. Operational Responsibilities / Tasks|
|i. Advises the Board on the performance in regards to objectives, targets and policies as they affect operations of the Company
ii. Secretary to the Board of Directors
iii. Maintaining a conducive work environment for attracting retaining and motivating employees.
iv. Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices and good corporate citizen ship.
v. Participate in the deliberations of the committees of the Company.
vi. Represent the Organization at outside forums whenever and wherever required.
vii. Co-ordinate and prepare business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Organization.
viii. Overall coordination of the Performance Contract between Board and the County Government
ix. Acting as the principal spokesperson of the Company.
x. Ensuring compliance with the laws of the republic.
xi. Carrying out any other responsibilities determined by the Board as may be necessary to achieve the company objectives
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil / Water), Finance or Business Management from a recognized university.
- Relevant post graduate qualification
- Be registered with the relevant professional body and be a member of good standing in the current year
- Possess a minimum of 10(ten) years’ experience in water utility management, 5 (five)of which should be in senior management
- Should have extensive knowledge and experience of the water sector and laws governing water and sanitation service provision.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of relevant ISO standards
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with highly demonstrable competencies in strategy formulation and implementation, building shared vision, championing customer focus and managing people in a multi-cultural environment.
- Should possess vast knowledge on ethics, governance and operations of Boards.
- Knowledge of public procurement and disposal act, procurement rules and guidelines
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through provision of;-
- Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
- Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A clean and current report from an approved credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The appointment with be for a contract term of 3 YEARS renewable subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by continuous achievement of performance targets.
Application packages in sealed envelopes which include a cover letter, CV of not more than 5 pages and certified copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to: –
Board of Directors
Nyeri Water and Sanitation Company LTD
Off Kenyatta road, opp. Nyeri Health Center
P.O. Box 1520-10100
- The Vacancy number should be clearly marked on the left top corner of the outer envelope of the application package
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any way will lead to automatic disqualification
CLOSING DATE: 12th May, 2021, 17:00 Hours
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS FOR VACANT POSITIONS IN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF NYERI WATER AND SANITATION COMPANY LIMITED
Nyeri Water and Sanitation Company (NYEWASCO) is a Limited Liability Company fully owned by the County Government of Nyeri and is one of the Water Service Providers in Nyeri County responsible for efficient and economical provision of water and sanitation services in Nyeri Town Sub County and its environs.
The Company seeks to fill the vacant positions for the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors comprises of the representatives of stakeholders identified by the Company and the County Government of Nyeri in accordance to the Water Sector Corporate Governance Guidelines issued by the Water Services Regulatory Board.
The Board has vacancies for representatives of the following stakeholders
- One (1) Director representing the Professional Institutions
- One (1) Director representing the Residents Associations
To be eligible for appointment, one MUST meet the following criteria: –
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- Minimum seven (7) years working experience in the core profession or have run own enterprise for a minimum of (7) years
- Must be nominated by a stakeholder group registered with NYEWASCO
- Must meet leadership and integrity criteria under Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya and meet Fit & Proper Test criteria from WASREB (attach the following documents): –
- Certificate of Good Conduct (DCI)
- Clearance Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Duly Filled Fit & proper Test Form witnessed by a commissioner of oaths or magistrate (form is available on NYEWASCO website nyewasco.co.ke)
- Suppliers and other trading associates of the Company are not eligible for directorship positions at the Company
- Persons in current professional and social relationships with directors of the Company cannot become directors of the Company.
All application packages in sealed envelopes clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR DIRECTORSHIP IN NYEWASCO” which include cover letter, duly filled Fit & Proper Test Form, CV and Certified Copies of Certificates and testimonials should be sent by post or courier to: –
The Chairperson, Selection Committee
Nyeri Water and Sanitation Company Limited
Off Kenyatta Road opp. Nyeri health Center
P.O Box 1520-10100
CLOSING DATE: 19TH MAY 2021, 11.00 a.m.